The C Test will be held Wednesday, Wednesday, February 13, 2019 in the Eisenhower Theater of the Kennedy Center at 9:00AM. The written and the practical tests will both be given on this day.
To be eligible for the C test, you must:
- Have 700 hours performing the work of a stagehand in the territorial jurisdiction of
Note: It is imperative that YOU provide the documentation to prove eligibility for the test either in the form of W-2s; paystubs or documentation on letterhead from an Employer with your title, income or hours worked with that company or organization.
- Have successfully completed the "Introduction to Stagecraft" class offered by Local 22.
- Be in a state of Good Conduct.
To apply to take the C Test, you must:
- Fill out and return the application attached to this notice. Or you can get a copy of the applicationfrom the Local 22 office, 1810 Hamlin St. NE, Washington, DC
- Supply proof of your employment doing the work of a stagehand. You must be paid for
this work. Class work or volunteer work is not acceptable.
The Deadline to apply to take the C Test is the close of business, Friday, February 8th,
2019. All applications must be returned to the office by 4:00PM on this day.
You will be notified by the Local 22 office if you have or have not met the requirements for taking thetest. If you have not met the requirements, do not report to the test anyway. You will be asked to leave.
To take the test:
- Report to the Eisenhower Theater in the Kennedy Center no later than 1/2 hour before the call time tocheck in. If you do not have a Kennedy Center Employee ID, you may access the test through theEisenhower Stage Door which is on the north end of the Kennedy Center.
- Bring your required tools and dress to work.
- Do not bring any study materials with you.
- Bring a lunch. The test may take several hours and you will not be allowed to leave the testing areato buy lunch.
- Coffee and water will be available in the Green Room of the Eisenhower Theater. You
will need to bring any other beverages if you want them.
NO ELECTRONIC DEVICES WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE TESTING AREA.
If you bring your phone, tablet or laptop to the testing area, you will be required to check the device withthe check in desk. Your equipment will be returned to you after you complete the test.
In the event of a large number of test takers, The Testing Committee may stagger the testing schedule. You will be notified of your testing time. Please do not assume all the testing times are the same.
Reviews and Appeals:
You may review your test with the Local President. Call the Local 22 office to schedule anappointment to review your test, both the written and the practical.
You may, during your test review, appeal any answer you feel was unfairly counted against you.This is a 3 step process.
- Step 1: Reviewing and Appealing the test with the President of the Local. This is the only stepthat will involve you directly. You will meet with the President and make your case for anyquestion you feel was unfairly marked against you.
- Step 2: Review by the Testing Committee. The Testing Committee meets with the President andreviews any question the President could not resolve. The Testing Committee will thendetermine whether or not the argument by the test taker is valid. The Testing Committee iscarefully shielded from knowing whose test they are reviewing. Only the President knows theidentity of any test taker making an appeal.
- Step 3: If the Testing Committee cannot resolve an issue, it goes to the Executive Board to resolve. This step involves only the President and the Executive Board. The decision of the Executive Board is final.
Application for C List Exam
I,__________________________, having been duly notified by the local, wish to make application to take the D to C list exam for 2019. have worked in the jurisdiction ofIATSE Local 22 for months or years.
I understand that I am expected to appear: on Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at 9:00AM, at the Kennedy Center Eisenhower Theater for the Written and Practical exam, unless I am otherwise notified by the Local. I have read the notification letter sent to me, and I understand I am requested to appear ready to take an exam both written and practical. I will not bring acell phone, PDA or other prohibited device into the testing area.
I understand that taking the test is equivalent to a work call. All Referral Rules, Late and No Show penalties will apply.
(Sign your name) _______________________________________________
(Print your name) _______________________________________________