Strathmore presents and produces exemplary visual and performing arts programs for diverse
audiences; creates dynamic arts education experiences; and nurtures creative ideas and conversations
that advance the future of the arts. The organization’s hallmark is the Music Center at Strathmore, a
1,976-seat concert hall and education complex. Artistic offerings presented by Strathmore in the Music
Center include world-class performances by major national and international artists of folk, rock, blues,
pop, R&B, jazz, world music, show tunes, dance, and classical music. The Music Center at Strathmore is
also home to several arts and education partners including the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, The
National Philharmonic, Washington Performing Arts, Levine Music, CityDance, InterPLAY, and Maryland
Classic Youth Orchestras. The Music Center hosts nearly 160 events per year.
Position Summary Statement
The Assistant Lead Stage Technician -S2 works in the stage department, on a per call hourly basis, to support the work of the Lead Stage Technician, and the goals/objectives of the Strathmore Operations and Production department. There might be occasions where the Assistant Lead Stage Technician- S2, will sub for the Lead Stage Technician.
Position Summary Requirements
A background in technical theatre and in the production of a wide spectrum of events, as well as a knowledge of typical stage carpentry, as well as
a basic knowledge of all aspects of production technique, equipment and facilities.
Position Summary Work Schedule
Daytime, evening time and weekend hours. Hours vary based on need.
Basic Position Responsibilities and Duties
Assist the Lead Stage Technician in the following manner, in order to:
• set and strike the custom orchestra and choral riser system, as required, with a number of moves taking place after a concert continuing into the early morning hours;
• maintenance of said system including detailed inventories of relevant materials and equipment;
• maintain all audience seats and music stands;
• strike / restore audience seats on orchestra level for shows;
• unload Truck of all instruments;
• Help set up orchestra, and
• coordinate the scheduling of set up and strike with the Production Stage Manager as well as other departments as needed, if acting in the Lead Stage Technician role
• At least 5 years’ experience in technical theatre and in the production of a wide spectrum of events.
• Demonstrated knowledge of: performing venue’s stage systems.
• Demonstrated ability to be a team player, and a sense of humor.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Interest in, and knowledge of, the performing arts.
• Must be able to lift 20lbs.
• This position reports to (in priority order): Lead Stage Technician, Production Stage Manager, Executive Vice President of Operations.
Accountabilities for this position, and satisfactory completion of this job, include excellent attention to detail, anticipation of production (stage) needs, exercising sound professional judgment, meeting financial goals, building and maintaining good working relationships with staff, board, and colleagues, keeping excellent records. Yearly performance evaluations will be conducted.
I.A.T.S.E. Local 22 / Salary / Benefits / Work Rules
This position will be required to be a part of the I.A.T.S.E. Local 22 bargaining unit. Hourly wages, union benefits and work rules are determined by the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
To apply for this position, please submit the following items: Cover Letter & Resume (specifically
addressing the qualifications listed above):
• If submitting your application electronically, the email SUBJECT line must contain the words “Assistant Lead Stage Technician – S2” and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please direct all mail submissions to:
Assistant Lead Stage Technician – S2
Attention: Executive Vice President of Operations
5301 Tuckerman Lane
North Bethesda, MD 20852
• Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
• Strathmore is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.