WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER HIRING UNION LABOR
IATSE LOCAL 22: ONE CALL FOR ALL OF YOUR LABOR NEEDS
If you need labor for your production, call our
Business Agent Ryan Chavka or Call Steward Cathy Sonneborn at
When you hire IATSE Stagehands you are hiring more than a labor force.
You are hiring men and women with experience, who arrive on time, with the right tools, and who want the production to go just as smoothly as you do.
IATSE Local 22, chartered in 1894, has over 300 members and over three times that number in our referral database available to work with you.
Our contracts include the Kennedy Center, National Theatre, Ford’s Theatre, Warner Theatre, Wolf Trap, and Strathmore Concert Hall.
In addition to our theatrical venues we have working relationships with Verizon Center Arena, the Washington Convention Center, and many of Washington’s hotels.
We facilitate the shooting of live TV shows such as the Kennedy Center Honors, the Mark Twain Prize, A Capitol 4th, and every four years, Presidential Inaugurations.
1. Association with staff professionals in other area prime venues
2. Access to professional training through Local 22’s Training Department, and our partnership with Prince Georges Community College in our Entertainment Technology Certificate program.
3. Access to the extensive knowledge base and professional contacts of Local 22 members, who are open to consultation on any kind of technical problems.
4. We are members of PLASA, USITT, InfoComm, ASSE, NFPA, and NSC, all professional industry organizations.
5. We are members of area political groups, and stay active in relevant political developments.
Page Last Updated: Feb 20, 2020 (09:36:16)